Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Mommy, reach. Too high."

Wes' language development really took off at the beach. I don't know if it was the fact that he was surrounded by family chatting him up all day, the new experiences, or if it was just time, but something clicked in his head. He's now asking for things in sentences and it's so weird. Yesterday he wanted a cookie for breakfast (of course). He went to the pantry, tried to reach it (they're on the top shelf for this very reason), couldn't, then turned to me and said, "Mommy, reach! Too high." I laughed and said, "No cookies for breakfast, Wes." (We did make a deal for a cookie later in the afternoon in exchange for him eating two good meals.) Anytime you try to reason with him now, he thinks about your offer and then says, "Um.....Deal."

This morning instead of the usual, "momaxruby" when Max and Ruby went off, he said, "Watch. More. Max Ruby." (How can you argue with that?) I'm loving this phase and watching him learn more and more by the day...and being able to reason with him is an added bonus.

A beach post will follow soon...I left the photos on my mom's computer, so I have to wait for this weekend when she returns!

No comments: